|Celebrating our 31st Wedding Anniversary|
- Listen to your partner - a problem shared is a problem halved
- Celebrate the good times in your marriage
- Don't be afraid to say you're sorry
- Never go to bed angry
- Watch romantic movies together (yes, chick flicks)!
- Take turns being the designated driver
- Go on 'date nights' and remember why you fell in love in the first place!
- Make time for romantic getaways (here are some suggestions for Romantic Getaway Ideas)
- Always remember the date of your wedding anniversary (you might want to check out Why Men Forget Anniversaries)
- Talk to each other - communicate, communicate, communicate
- Trust your partner
- Dance together even if you're not good at it! ('And when you get the choice to sit it out or dance. I hope you dance. I hope you dance' - Lee Ann Womack)
- Buy romantic gifts - flowers or chocolates - without any reason
- Take turns emptying the dishwasher.
- Be supportive - particularly when the kids play you against each other!
- Be happy!
I hope you found these Tips for a Happy Marriage helpful.